Eclipses in 2020: solar and lunar in Russia and the world
Solar and lunar eclipses are of interest not only for astrologers and astronomers. These are mysterious and impressive phenomena, so many people in Russia and around the world will prepare to observe them in 2020.
Solar eclipses - an astronomical phenomenon, also called eclipse (Eng.) - is not so rare. Its nature lies in the fact that the moon, which is in the phase of the new moon, covers itself with the solar disk. There are full, partial (when the sun is partially closed), ring-shaped and hybrid (when at different latitudes it can be observed both full and ring-shaped).
Thanks to modern science and long-term observations, today we have information about the periodicity of lunar and solar eclipses - scientists have found that they are repeated after a certain time interval, called saros.
- June 21, 2020. On this day, an annular solar eclipse will occur. This will be the 36th (middle) eclipse of the 137th Saros. The ring-shaped eclipse is characterized by such an arrangement of the moon when its diameter is smaller than the visible region of the sun. As a result, at the peak of the superposition of two celestials around the black disk, a ring of fire is visible. The annular peak phase will last 38 seconds at coordinates 0 ° 21'23 ". On this day, the moon is in Cancer.
This phenomenon can be observed in southern Europe, in Asian countries, in the southern latitudes of Russia, and in the South Asian states of the CIS. The expected peak time of the superposition of the bodies is 6:41 (UTC), the maximum phase is 0.994.
- December 14, 2020. Another solar eclipse this year. It will be complete, that is, the lunar disk will completely block the Sun. This is the 23rd eclipse of 142 Saros. Peak duration is 2 minutes 10 seconds, maximum phase is 1.025.
This phenomenon can be seen in the southern part of the South American continent (Chile, Argentina), as well as in southwestern Africa. Its peak will be held at 16:14 UTC, coordinates 23 ° 08'15. " Moon in the sign of Sagittarius.
An interesting fact: the longest solar eclipse in the modern history of observations on January 15, 2010 lasted more than 11 minutes.
Lunar eclipsesThe nature of the lunar eclipse is different than that of the sun. No celestial body can block the Moon from the Earth, since it is a satellite of our planet. But when the shadow from the Earth, illuminated on the other side by the Sun, falls on the Moon, its disk becomes almost black, with a reddish tint. If the solar eclipses occur in the new moon, then for the lunar it is necessary for the moon to enter the full moon phase.
These phenomena are also complete and particular, by analogy with the solar. In addition, there are penumbra eclipses - when Luga enters not in a direct cone of shadow from the Earth, but in partial shade. They happen often, but with the naked eye they are almost invisible and are of interest primarily for astronomers, as well as for those who have telescopes and other devices. To observe them personally, you need to know how many lunar eclipses will be in 2020.
four lunar eclipses will happen in 2020, all of them will be penumbra. Unlike the solar, lunar eclipses can be seen throughout the hemisphere, from which the moon is visible at this moment.
- January 10, 2020. It will be possible to observe it at 22:21 (Moscow time) in Russia, in Europe, in Asia and on the African continent, the coordinates of the absolute peak are 20 ° 00'13 ”. The partial shade of the Earth will fall from below. The moon on this day will be in the sign of Cancer.
- June 5, 2020. The penumbra of the Earth also falls from below, the event will begin at 22:12 (Moscow time), the coordinates of the peak phase are 15 ° 34'03 ”. It can be seen in the southwestern part of Russia, in Europe, in Africa, in Australia and in Asian countries. The moon in this period will be in the sign of Sagittarius.
- July 5, 2020. The partial shade of the Earth will fall from above. The peak phase is 7:44 (Moscow time), coordinates 13 ° 37'48 ". It will be visible on the North American and South American continents, as well as in Africa. Moon in the sign of Capricorn.
- November 30, 2020. A partial shade of the Earth will cover the moon from above. The phenomenon is expected at 12:30 Moscow time, the peak phase will be observed at coordinates 8 ° 38'01 ". It will also not be visible from Russia, it will be possible to observe from Asian countries, Australia, North and South America. Moon in the sign of Gemini.
This phenomenon is distinguished by astrologers - these are numbers that are between the nearest eclipses. In 2020, midpoints occur on the following dates:
- March 24,
- June 13th
- June 28th
- September 24th
- December 7th.
These days (three days before and three after), astrology experts do not recommend serious undertakings related to business, health, and personal life. It is also better to beware of flights.
Astrologers claim that eclipses affect people's lives very much. The Sun and Moon are the most significant celestial bodies for the Earth, and their location is determined by many earthly events. Also of great importance are these phenomena in the preparation of the horoscope or natal chart. It is believed that if a birthday falls on such a day, a birthday is waiting for a year full of events.
According to most esoteric sources, these astronomical events entail changes that can be both positive and unfavorable. Lunar eclipses usually bring completion, the culmination of a life process. Solar, on the contrary, become the starting point, the beginning of a new stage. They become a kind of catalyst for inevitable events or actions, so you should not be afraid of them, but it is advisable to observe some caution.
Some astrologers give advice on planning important beginnings in the so-called eclipse season, which occurs approximately twice a year and entails a series of these astronomical phenomena. However, the week before the eclipse and a few days after it is a dangerous period - things can get out of control, at such moments it is difficult to soberly assess the situation. Therefore, it is advisable to act more carefully these days. Also, most esotericists associate these astronomical phenomena with the concentration of negative energy and do not recommend observing them.
The longest eclipse of the year:video